The latest season has seen animals in Fortnite and they are part of the challenge this week – with the bulk of the challenge list being devoted to the storm.
We have broken down what each individual challenge is, how much XP you can get for completing the, and what you will need to do in order to tick each one off!
So for all you need to do in Week 9 – read on!
When are the Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 6 Week 9 Challenges released?
As usual, Thursday is the day for the updates to Fortnite and all the new challenges that come along with it – so that means that the Week 9 challenges will go live today, 13th May. As for the exact time, 2pm on Thursday is when you can expect the weekly challenges to refresh – that’s the same time it has been for a while now. All the details are below.
Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 6 Week 9 Challenges and how to complete them
The Week 9 challenges are here to complete, so we’ve listed them all below, along with some handy tips. Here’s what you’ve got to look forward to, and how you should go about completing the challenges this week:
Get Intel on Wildlife from Bushranger, Tarana, Rex, Cluck, or Grill Sergeant (0/1) – 24000 XP
Bushranger can be found at Pleasant Park, Tarana will be in the Boney Burbs, Rex is at Dusted Depot, Cluck can be located at Primal Pond and Grill Sergeant is by the Durr Burger Food Truck.
Take your pick out of those and just speak to them about wildlife to complete the challenge.
Hunt a Boar (1) – 24000 XP
The Weeping Woods or the entrance of Colossal Crops is the best place to find boars. They hunt in packs so be careful while you are hunting – you only need to kill one.
Spend 7 seconds within 7 meters of a fleeing chicken (1) – 24000 XP
We don’t want to say that Fortnite is running out of challenge ideas for Season 6, but one this week is to chase a chicken. Just give chase and stay within 7 meters for 7 seconds and the challenge will be complete.
Gain Health in the Storm (1) – 24000 XP
Not too challenging this one if you know what you are doing. Enter the storm but make sure your health does not get too low as you will be taken out. Just use a medkit or a bandage after taking a bit of damage to tick this challenge off of your list.
Shockwave grenade yourself while in the storm (1) – 24000 XP
Track down a shockwave grenade and use it on yourself in the storm – simple. The only thing not so simple is finding one as they are rare so you will just need to keep looting crates and hope that you get lucky with what you find.
Survive storm phases (10) – 24000 XP
You just need to survive 5 storm phases to tick this off and is fairly straightforward to do – you may even be able to do this in one match if you can survive long enough.
Build in the Storm (10) – 24000 XP
Cut down trees to get yourself 100 wood and then enter the storm and start building structures straight away – the storm deals more damage as it goes on. Build 10 and you’re done!
Legendary quest – Catch a Fish (50, 100, 150, 200, 250) – 35000XP to 24500 XP
Self-explanatory this one. Just catch fish – lots and lots of fish and if you catch all that is required you will have nabbed yourself 24500 XP!
As for all the previous challenges, we are keeping track of them all below!
Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 6 Week 1 Challenges
If you need a reminder of what the challenges were for Week 1 – here they are.
- Hunt wildlife (five)
- Craft Primal weapons using bones and makeshift weapons (one)
- Craft a Hunter’s Cloak (one)
- Talk to characters (three)
- Collect mechanical parts from vehicles, trailers, buses, or tractors (five)
- Craft mechanical weapons using mechanical parts and a makeshift weapon (three)
- Find golden artefacts near The Spire (three)
- Legendary Quest: Craft items (three/six/nine/12/15)
Also in Week 1, there were anomaly challenges at Tiers 14, 28, 49, 60 and 76. Those anomaly challenges were:
- Investigate an anomaly at Lazy Lake
- Investigate an anomaly at Shark Island
Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 6 Week 2 Challenges
Week 2 is over now, but these are challenges that it threw our way. It was fun while it lasted.
- Craft a mechanical bow, a mechanical explosive bow, and a mechanical shockwave bow (one) – 24,000 XP
- Tame a boar (one) – 24,000 XP
- Deal damage with mechanical weapons (300) – 24,000 XP
- Deal explosive damage to opponents (1000) – 24,000 XP
- Ride different ziplines (five) – 24,000 XP
- Obtain literature samples from Pleasant Park, Lazy Lake, or Retail Row (four) – 24,000 XP
- Get a headshot with a bow (one) – 24,000 XP
- Legendary quest: Deal damage with bows
Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 6 Week 3 Challenges
Week 3 is over, but these are the challenges it tested us with.
- Fly 20 metres with a chicken (20)
- Hunt chickens (three)
- Catch fish at Camp Cod, Lake Canoe, or Stealthy Stronghold (five)
- Deal damage with shotguns (1000)
- Get headshots with rifles (10)
- Deal damage within 20 metres using a pistol or revolver (500)
- Eliminate Raptor, Zenith, or Blackheart (one)
- Legendary Quest: Forage coloured eggs that are hidden around the map
Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 6 Week 4 Challenges
Week 4 has come to an end, as well, but you can remind yourself of its challenges below.
- Set structures on fire (10)
- Search chests (seven)
- Eliminate opponents with weapons of Rare rarity or higher (three)
- Shockwave wildlife using a shockwave grenade or bow (one)
- Tame animals in different matches (three)
- Deal explosive damage to opponents (1000)
- Revive a teammate (one)
- Legendary Quest: Deal damage with Primal weapons
Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 6 Week 5 Challenges
Week 5 has ended, too. This is what it entailed:
- Deal damage with SMGs (0/1000) – 24,000 XP
- Drive from Sweaty Sands to Colossal Crops without leaving the vehicle – 24,000 XP
- Get two seconds of airtime in a vehicle (0/2) – 24,000 XP
- Maintain a speed of 65 or greater for four seconds in a vehicle – 24,000 XP
- Modify vehicles with off-road tires (0/3) – 24,000 XP
- Deal explosive damage to opponents (1000)
- Use a campfire – 24,000 XP
- Legendary Quest – collect bars (1000,2000,3000,4000,5000) – 35,000 XP to 24,500 XP
Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 6 Week 6 Challenges
Here’s what you had to do for week 6, if you want a reminder!
- Complete Bounties (0/3) – 24,000 XP
- Complete the swimming time trial at Weeping Woods or Coral Castle (0/1) – 24,000 XP
- Hit an enemy from 50 meters or greater with a bow – 24000 XP
- Open Safes (0/3) – 24,000 XP
- Reach max shields in different matches (0/3) – 24,000 XP
- Stay within 20 meters of a player for 3 seconds while wearing a prop disguise (0/3) – 24,000 XP
- Visit Fancy View, Rainbow Rentals, and Lockie’s Lighthouse – 24,000 XP
- Legendary Quest – deal damage with makeshift weapons (2500,5000,7500,10000, 12500) – 35,000 XP to 24,500 XP
Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 6 Week 7 Challenges
Here’s what you had to do for week 7!
- Get Specific weapon eliminations (72000 XP)
- Mark weapons of different rarity (0/1) – 24000 XP
- Collect meat or peppers (0/5) – 24000 XP
- Consume Foraged Items (0/3) – 24000 XP
- Hunt Raptors (0/2) – 24000 XP
- Legendary quest – damage opponents (2500, 5000, 7500, 10000, 12500) – 35000XP to 24500 XP
Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 6 Week 8 Challenges
Want to know what the week 8 challenges were? Here they are!
- Collect research books from Holly Hedges and Pleasant Park (1)
- Use launcher from Guardian Towers (3)
- Open chests at The Spire or Guardian Towers (2)
- Damage Opponent within 10 seconds of landing (1)
- Dance in Durr Burger Kitchen (1)
- Use Firefly Jar at the Pizza Pit (1)
- Drive from Durr Burger to Pizza Pit without exiting a vehicle (1)
- Legendary quest – Destroy 500 structures with fire (100, 200, 300, 400, 500)
And that’s your lot for now! We’ll keep you updated as we learn more about the Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 6 Week 9 weekly challenges.
Check out some of the best subscription deals in gaming below:
Looking for something to watch? See our TV Guide.